YOUTH RED CROSS
Dr.K.Revathi and Dr.T.Porselvi of Department of Economics are the Programme Officers of YRC. Our College YRC volunteers actively involved various social awareness programs.
Activities ( 2016 - 2017 )
- YRC unit of our College celebrated the International Youth Day 2016 on 12.08.2016. The YRC Volunteers, formed a human chain depicting Red Ribbon Symbol and took oath: “A Beginning for Transformation”. This program was organized by YRC unit of NMC.
- A blood donation camp was jointly organized by YRC Unit of our College in association with M.G.M.Govt. Hospital, Tiruchirappalli, on 9th Sep 2016. On the whole the total number of 137 students were participated and 99 students donated their blood willingly. 99 units of blood was received by the Blood Bank M.G.M. Govt. Hospital Tiruchirappalli.
- Dr.V.Kaleeswari was appreciated by Tamil State Aids Control Society and Tamil State Blood Transfusion Council for organizing voluntary Blood Donation Camp in our College Premises.
- YRC unit of our college organized an Awareness Programme on “Celebrating Life” on 27.09.16 The Chief Guest was Mr.R.Babu ICTC Counselor, Government Hospital, Omandur.
- YRC unit of our College organized an Orientation Programme on “Disaster Management” on 10.01.17. The Chief Guest Mrs.R.Nandhini, Assistant Professor of Commerce, National College, Tiruchirappalli, delivered a lecture on “Disaster Management”.
- Dr.V.Kaleeswari participated in the one day Zonal seminar for YRC Programme Officers organized by the Youth Red Cross of Bharathidasan University at Bharathidasan University on 10-02-2017
- YRC unit of our college organized a Blood Group Identification Camp in association with M.G.M. Govt. Hospital Tiruchirappalli on 3.3-2017 under the guidance of Mr.R.Babu ICTC Counselor, Government Hospital, Omandur. The Blood Group was identified for 2000 students.