Department of English,
Nehru Memorial College,
|The art of Resume Writing||MCA and M.Sc Students|
|1||27.7.2013||Prof V.S.Joe Irudhayaraj, |
Dept of Computer Science,
|Competency Building Program||MCA and M.Sc Students|
|2||07.02.2014||Mr. G. Arunkumar, |
Senior Quality Engineer,
AMD Research & Development,
|Heterogeneous system Architecture||All PG and UG Students|
|3||13.02.2014||Dr .l .Arockiam, |
Dept of Comp .Science,
St. Joseph's College,
|Research Methodology And Scientific Writing||All PG and Research Mphil Students|
|4||15.02.2014||Mr .R. Sivanesan, |
Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd,
|Linux Kernel Programming||All PG and selected Students from UG|
(An Alumnus of NMC),
SoftsQuare Solutions PVT LTD,
|Code Venture ( A Space for enhancing Programming Skill)||M.SC And MCA Students|
|1||24, 25, 26 September 2013||C. Dwarakanth |
Director and trainer,
Cloud Region Technologies
|Google Apps||All UG & PG Students|
|2||9, 10, 11 October 2013||Prof.M.Muralidharan |
|Game development using Python||BCA, MCA, M.Sc (CS), M.Sc (IT)|
1. Mrs.R.Jaya, "CT Scan vs. Ultrasound Scan" published in IJAIM Journal Volume - 2, Issue - 2, Sept -2013.
2. Mrs. K.Sridevi, "Ontology Ranking Algorithms on Semantic Web A Review" Published in IJARCCE, Volume 2, Issue 9, September 2013.
3. Mrs. K.Sridevi, "A Novel and Hybrid Ontology Ranking Framework using Semantic Closeness Measure" Published in International Journal of computer Applications (0975- 8887), Volume 2, Issue 9, September 2013.
4. Mrs. K.Sridevi "A Hybrid and Personalized Ontology Ranking Model Using U-Means Clustering And Hit Count" Published in Eropean Journal of computer Seience and Informatin Technology, Vol.1, No.3, pp.21-29, December 2013.
5. Mrs.J.SaiGeetha, "Enhancing Security level in Public Key Cryptography Using MRGA" Published in IEEE Explore, ISBN 978-1-4799-2876-7, March 2014.
Mr.M.Muralidharan, presented a paper "Academic Social Responsibility: The Main Impetus Institutions" presented in the National seminar on "Social Responsibilities of Higher Educational Institutions on 18 & 19 July 2013 at ANJSC.
Mr.M.Muralidharan, presented a paper "Quality Enhancement through collaboration: Introspection on the Indispensable need for Industry- Interaction" at Theivanai Ammal College of arts and science, Villupuram.
Ms. Kalpana Parasuraman, presented a paper entitled "Current Research Scenario in Weblog Mining: A survey" at Vivekananda Institute of Information and Management Studies on 6th - 7th September 2013.
1. Thiru.M.Muralidharan. Mrs.K.PonvelAzhaguLakshmi, Mrs. V.Priya has attended the TEQIP-II Sponsored workshop on "Research Methods and Latex" on 20 & 21 September 2013 at NIT,Trichy
2. Mrs.R.Jaya, Mrs.D.Jayachitra, Mrs.K.Deepa has attended the National Workshop on "RAPID-A DATA MINING TOOL" at VIT Chennai on 5th October 2013.
3. Mrs.K.PonvelAzhaguLakshmi, Mrs.V.Priya, Mrs.K.Sridevi, Ms.Devika has participated in the two days National Level Workshop on "BIG DATA ANALYTICS" at Anna University Regional Centre, Coimbatore on 18 & 19 October 2013.
4. Ms.R.Akila, Mrs.K.PonvelAzhaguLakshmi Mrs.D.Jayachitra, Mrs.K.Sridevi, Mrs.V.Priya has participated in the Four - Day Training - cum - Production Workshop on e-content Development at Nehru Memorial College, Puthanampatti on 23.10.2013 to 26.10.2013.
5. Mrs.K.PonvelAzhaguLakshmi, Ms.R.Akila, Mrs.J.Saigeetha, Mrs.D.Jayachitra, Mrs.K.Sridevi, Mrs.K.Saraswathi, Mrs.K.Parameswari, Mrs.P.Isabella, Ms.S.Devika, Mrs.K.Deepa and Mr.R.Mahendran has participated in the two days Workshop on LATEX organized by the ABEL Interdisciplinary Research Cell at Nehru Memorial College, Puthanampatti on 11 & 12 November 2013.
6. Mr.R.Mahendran has participated in the one day Workshop on DATA ANALYSIS using SPSS "22" organized by Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli held on 6th January 2014.
|1||10 & 11 July 2014||R.Akila, |
Soft square Solutions Pvt ltd,Chennai
Android Application Developer, Buddies Info tech Pvt Ltd, Chennai
|Workshop on Software Development||III MCA & II MCA Students|
|2||29 & 30th Sep 2014||Python Core Group of NMC |
Chief guest: Dr.E.Ramganesh,
|State Level Workshop on Interactive Programming Using Python||UG & PG students from other colleges|
Department of Computer Science,
|Cloud Computing and BigData Analytics||Final year students of UG, PG & M.Phil Scholars|
A seminar on "Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics" was organized for the final year Under Graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil Scholars of Computer Science students. The programme was aimed to motivate the youngsters to update their knowledge in the recent trends in the industry and to understand the importance of research in the computer science discipline. Dr. S. Bhuvaneshwari, Head, Department of Computer Science, Karaikal Campus, Pondicherry University delivered the keynote address. While delivering the lecture she illustrated various cloud computing models and its applications. She further elaborated the various service models of cloud computing and explained how a data center is playing a vital role for the industries concerned. She also introduced the concept of Big Data and Data Analytics and explained how tools like hadoop are useful for extracting potential information. Further she enlightened the audience on the promising research directions on Big Data.
The program was presided over by the Principal Dr.T.Jayaprakasam and felicitated by Pon.Balasubramanian, President of our College Committee, Prof. M.Muralidharan, Head, Department of Computer Science, welcomed the gathering. Prof. Dr.K.Mani introduced the chief guest. The programme was organized by Prof. P.Kalpana from Computer Science Department. Prof. S.Murugan, Prof. K.Ponvel Azhugulakshmi, Prof.R.Akila and Prof. J.Saigeetha participated in the programme. Ms. Nandhini and Mr. Manikandan gave feedback about the programme. Prof. P.Kalpana proposed vote of thanks.
|S.No.||Name of the Programme||Date||Title||Organizer(s)||Name of the Guest|
|1||Seminar||4th July 2016||Current Trends and Job Opportunities in IT||Prof.P.Kalpana||Mr.R.Sivanesan, Technical Lead, Mindlance Inc, New Jersey, USA|
|2||CSI Seminar||10th Sep 2016||Job Opportunities in Software Testing||Prof.R.Akila||Srinivasan Desikan, Vice President, Alta Source|
|3||Think Quest 2017||25th Jan 2017||Inter-Collegiate Competition||Prof.P.Isabella & Prof.C.Yogaraj||Shri. Lakshman Pillai, Founder & CEO, LPCUBE Systems India Pvt. Ltd.|
|4||OPTRA 2017||25th Jan 2017||Intra-Collegiate Competition||Prof.D.Nandhini & Prof.R.Mahendiran||Shri. Lakshman Pillai, Founder & CEO, LPCUBE Systems India Pvt. Ltd.|
|5||Seminar||11th Feb 2017||Creation of Dynamic Website using PHP||Prof.K.Saraswathi||G.Subramanian, Senior Software Engineer, India Property Online Pvt.Ltd,Chennai|
|6||State Level Workshop||17th & 18th Feb 2017||Application Development using Python||Prof.V.Priya||N.Rajasekaran, Deputy General Manager, BHEL, Trichy|
|S.No.||Name of the Programme||Date||Title||Resource Person||Beneficiaries|
|1||Seminar||28th Sep. 2016||Software Testing Strategies||v.Prof.R.Jaya||II M.Sc. CS & III MCA students|
|2||Seminar||25th Nov. 2016||Data Analytics using 'R'||Prof.K.P.Lakshmi||II M.Sc. CS & III MCA students|
|S.No.||Name of the Programme||Date||Title||Resource Person||Beneficiaries|
|1||Seminar||25th July 2016||Virtual Private Network||Mr.P.Sivanandha||II M.Sc. CS & III B.Sc. CS students|
|2||Seminar||31st Aug. 2016||Computer Virus||Mr.C.Manikandan||II M.Sc. CS & I M.Sc. CS students|
|3||Seminar||16th Sep. 2016||Computer Hardware||Mr.S.Sathishkumar||II M.Sc. CS & III B.Sc. CS students|
The Department of Computer Science, Nehru Memorial College in association with CSI-Tiruchirapalli chapter organized a guest lecture on TRENDS AND OPPORTUNITIES IN SOFTWARE TESTING. Our illustrious alumni Mr.SRINIVASAN DESIKAN, Vice president, Altisource Business Operation Pvt Ltd, Bangalore and author of the bestselling book "Software Testing-Principles and Practices" delivered the special lecture. While delivering the lecture he elaborated various scenarios of IT Industry and how recession syndrome affect the economy of the country. He further informed that the future of the IT Industry depends on the indigenous product development in India. Software testing plays an important role in software development, since it decides the quality of the product developed, so he illustrated various testing methodologies and career opportunities in testing. He encouraged the students to avail untapped career prospects in software testing. Earlier the seminar was inaugurated by Dr.T.JAYPRAKASAM, Principal of our college, Er.PON.BALASUBRAMANIAN, President of our college offered felicitation and prof.M.MURALIDHARAN, HEAD, Department Of The Computer Science welcomed the gathering the program was coordinated by Prof.R.AKILA, Co-ordinator, CSI Student Branch, Department of The Computer Science.
A Seminar on "Creation of Dynamic Website Using PHP" was organized by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Computer Science on February 11th 2017.Mr.G.Subramaniyan, Illustrious Alumni, Senior Software Engineer, India Property Online Pvt.,Ltd, Chennai delivered a key note address. He provided the key points of Dynamic Website creation. The programme was presided by Dr.T.Jayaprakasam, principal, Nehru memorial College and Er.Pon.Balasubramanian, President, College Committee, Nehru Memorial College felicitated the students. Prof.m.Muralidharan , HOD, Department of Computer Science welcomed the gathering. At the end of the program the student V.Karuppaiya gave feedback about the seminar. Mrs.K.Saraswathi, Assistant professor, Department of computer Science, Nehru Memorial College, Puthanampatti coordinated the programme and proposed vote of thanks.