SCIENCE ACADEMIES LECTURE WORKSHOP ON EMERGING VISTAS IN PLANT SCIENCES - 18th - 19th DECEMBER, 2017.
(SPONSORED AND SUPPORTED BY INDIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, BANGALORE, INDIAN NATIONAL SCIENCE ACADEMY, NEW DELHI, INDIAN NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, ALLAHABAD)
Organized by : - Department of Botany,
Indian Academy of Sciences was founded in 1934 by Sir C.V. Raman, Nobel Laureate. Its objectives include promoting the progress and upholding the cause of science, both in pure and applied branches. The Academy recognizes the special relationship of scientific creative activity with the process of education and holds that the course of discovery includes the identification and nurturing of scientific talent amongst the young.
Indian Academy of Sciences had initiated several activities for the benefit of students and teachers of science all over the country. These included (a) Summer Research Fellowships for students and teachers to work with Fellows of the academy and other faculty in the country; (b) Refresher Courses of two-week duration for teachers; (c) Lecture Workshops of 2 or 3 days duration for students and teachers; (d) Inviting teachers to attend the Mid-Year and Annual Meetings of the Academy.
It is a programme for long term foresight. In these two days programme about 10 colleges from Nammakal, Perambalur and Trichy cities and about 160 other college students were enrolled.
College Students from the following Institutions were actively participated:
LIST OF RESOURCE PERSONS ARE PARTICIPATED :-
- Gogate Jogalekar college, Maharastra
- Selvam Arts and Science, Nammakal
- Dhanalakshmi seenivasn arts and Science college for women, Perambalur
- Thanthai Hans Rover college, Perambalur
- Bishop Heber college, Trichy
- Srimad Andavan arts and Science college, Trichy
- Jamal Mohamed college, Trichy
- Cauvery college of arts and science for women, Trichy
- Poondi Puspham college, Thanjavur.
- St joseph college, Trichy
1. Dr. Ragavendra Rao,
INSA Honarary Scientist,Banglore to delivered lecture on
- Floristic diversity in India challenges ahead.
- Concepts and functions of Herbaria with reference to india
2. Dr. K.R.Shivanna,
INSA Honarary Scientist, Banglore to delivered lecture on
- How flowering plants select suitable pollengrains for fertilization
- An essential Ecoservice for sustenance for crop productivity and plant biodiversity
3. Dr. R.Umashaankar,
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore to delivered lecture on
- Mining Nature Metabolites from Microbes to plants
- Approaches to mining Nature Metabolites
Professor, Dept of Botany, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore to delivered lecture on
- Bioprospecting of medicinal plants
- Intellectual Property rights
This lecture workshop was inaugurated by Dr. Ragavendra Rao, INSA Honaray Scientist, Bangalore . The College Chairman Shri. M.Ponnambalam, to delivered presidential address. Er. Pon. Balsubramanian, President, Nehru memorial College, Puthanampatti delivered the Felicitation . The Principal of the College, Dr. A.R.Pon .Periasamy delivered the Welcome address.
Click here for more photos